Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: new buys

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ello all, nothing special really, just wanted to say that yesterday I bought the Unreel transcritions book & cd - [img]eek.gif[/img] a Yamaha Clickstation - Nice!! and Billy Wards dvd, which I've just watched. The guy is so tasteful and groovy it's untrue. He also talks a lote of sense.

    [in my best Homer voice] mmmmmmm, so much drum p0rn!

    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    ....made any good purchases lately?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 18, 2004 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Dazzler ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like some nice stuff! My most recent drum-related purchases have been the new modern drummer issue and a new battery for my Tama rhythm watch. Doesnt compete with you, but Im happy [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    -Suspiria

  3. #3
    Inactive Member The Milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2004
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My most recent purchases would have to be a 5X10" DW maple baby snare, and an 18" O-Zone crash that I punched a few brass rivets into. Loving every bit of it!

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Steve Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2001
    Posts
    1,243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I watched the Gadd Tribute DVD. The Vinnie rehearsal footage is very cool.

    Oh, and I bought a leather jacket today.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i got a 7x13 zebra wood stave shell snare

  6. #6
    Inactive Member royerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2002
    Posts
    492
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sonor Giant Step pedal, groovy retro Pork Pie throne, Queen Latifah's new CD (nice track Erskoman [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] ), Sam Rivers' "Inspiration"...

    I also got the Billy Ward DVD recently and really enjoyed it. Anyone read his book? I think I'll get that next.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by The Milkman:
    My most recent purchases would have to be a 5X10" DW maple baby snare, and an 18" O-Zone crash that I punched a few brass rivets into. Loving every bit of it!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Although I dont own an O-Zone crash, Ive tried one in a store and think its a great substitute for a China. I wouldnt be brave enough to punch rivets into though...poor cymbal.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member davfrancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I was thinking about getting some of those nifty Thomas Land red shoes to see if my foot speed would dramatically increase but I didn't... I bought lunch and then came home and PRACTISED dammit!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member The Milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2004
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Suspiria- Trust me, it was definitely worth it! That cymbal is my definitive china/dirty ride, and I get nothing but compliments on it. It really does sound awesome!!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member palmerlouie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2002
    Posts
    785
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i just bought a new dvd called travelling throught time, with el negro and giovanni hidalgo. great stuff. i just love horacio's playing.

    sorry to slightly change the thread here, but does anyone know how horacio gets his clave pedal to be so stiff. i.e when he is doing quater notes between hi-hat pedal and clave pedal, the clave pedal has no "swing" so it doesnt interfere with the pattern.....u get me? i looked as hard as i could......but cant see how he does this....the spring is still on etc......

    any ideas?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •